Friday, April 16, 2010

Our 1st Ever Tutorial

Now will it be our last?  HMMM.  I won’t do a lot of chattering on this one because there are quite a few pictures.  Let’s get started shall we?

Step 1:

01Paper

Choose the Patterned Paper you want to use.   I chose Girl’s Paperie – Newsprint Stripe… pretty isn’t it!!!

Step 2:

02Stamp

Choose your stamp (April KoM – Fresh Beginnings) and your ink.  Of course, stamp on your beautiful paper.

Step 3:

03Coloring

Go about embellishing.  Here I colored in Pink Spica, BG93 Green Olive & Clear Spica

Step 4:

04Glossy

Our next step is to attach a piece of acrylic to your patterned paper, in this case I used Tim Holtz fragments.  I use glossy accents, I’m sure diamond glaze or something similar will work fine.

05OnPap

Step 5:

06Melt 

The next step is where you can do any number of options but in this case I melted some Pearl UTEE that I just got at a Craft Yard sale for like $1.  Go ahead and melt it.  (Note:  You could start the melting process at the beginning so that it is ready by this time.  I’m just mentioning it at this point so you will no where in sequence it will fall).

Step 6:

07Dipping

Now here is where I use my specially manufactured for crafting only bamboo tongs from Pampered Chef to dip my project in the UTEE.  You just want to get the edge.  You doing a sort of Faux Soldering.

This is what it will look like at this point.

08OneSide

Step 7:

You want to keep doing this until you have covered all 4 sides. Your project will then look like this.

09Done

Personally I made mine for little barrettes.  And I believe they came out adorable.  Final result?

10Finished

That is the end to our first tutorial.  Should we do more?

20 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

ABSOLUTELY! Love watching videos or looking at pics to see how things are made! Every one does it a bit differently:) Great clips/barrettes!! TFS:)

StampinCathy said...

AWESOME! I hope this isn't the last tutorial. Thanks for this inspiring and easy to follow tutorial. I just love this idea.

Ryann said...

What an awesome tutorial! I love that you included step-by-step pics. I don't have any UTEE, but now I must get some :)

farmhouse-story said...

so creative, sara! it gives me lots of ideas, thanks for the tutorial!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is GORGEOUS and something I'd never think of doing unless I saw a fab tutorial like this one. Def. do more! I LOVE your project!!!

JenMarie said...

Ooo...GORGEOUS! Keep the tutorials comin'!!

Stephanie Zito said...

What a fun project! Thanks for the step-by-step pics! Hope to see more of your tutorials! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carole said...

OMG! I LOVE this idea! Fantastic, yes please do more!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Love this idea! Very clever!!
Yes to do more. :)

Debbi said...

Yes, please do more.

JazzyH said...

Very nice!

Rona said...

great tutorial - yes do more this was very inspiring :)

Eva said...

This is FABULOUS!!!! Sure hope it's not the last tutorial, but the FIRST!!! Awesome!!

Erica W. said...

Very cute! I have some UTEE just sitting in my craft cupboard, all lonely... LOL. Now I have something to use it on!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

What a fun project! TFS!

CarlaKH said...

how adorable! I may have to try this. Cute!

maryanns said...

Cute barrettes--thanks for the tutorial.

Unknown said...

FABulous Sara! I love UTEE too!

Jennipher Lowery AKA stamptician said...

Very cool! Keep'em coming

Andrea Murdock said...

I'd like the next tutorial now please heh heh. I loved it!!! Wonderful job and great easy to understand steps! You go girl! love ya